Friday, February 8, 2013

Portrait of Dickens


Please meet my newest pet portrait subject! His name is Dickens and he's a 9-1/2 year old Havenese. Dickens' parents tell me that he is 'super-sized', meaning that he is twice the size of the AKC breed specification. His full registered name is Alderon's Chas. Dickens. I'm sure that the original Mr. Charles Dickens would have been quite proud to have this handsome little fellow named after him!

I was given some great reference photos of Dickens, as he is a very photogenic little guy. This portrait was rendered in graphite pencil on Stonehenge paper and measures 10" by 8". 

If you would be interested in having a portrait created of your own pet or to give as a gift, please send me an email. I would be delighted to create a custom portrait just for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment