Monday, September 16, 2013

Stanley

Do you remember Dickens, the cute, little Havanese? Well, meet his cousin, Stanley! He is also a Havanese and quite an adorable one at that. Stanley's portrait is rendered in graphite pencil on Stonehenge paper and measures 10" x 8".


Stanley's mom provided some great snapshots of him that she took herself. I liked this view of Stanley best because not only was the lighting good, but I love the way he's looking up and how his eyes sparkle. Eyes are always the most important feature for me in a pet portrait, so when I can bring out the pet's personality in it's eyes, I'm happy!

Below is the reference photo of Stanley that I used. I chose to leave out his collar and the rest of him so that his head, and his eyes, are the main focus.


 I had such a fun time creating Stanley's portrait. I'd love to create a special pet portrait for you! The Holidays are rapidly approaching, so now is the time to place your order. Please contact me if you have any questions or to order your portrait. Hope to hear from you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment