Thursday, June 23, 2016

Two Portraits of Boo

Last Christmas, I was commissioned to create a portrait for a friend of mine who had just lost her beloved kitty, Boo. I was presented with such a wonderful collection of reference photos, that it was difficult at first to choose which one to use. I ended up making two separate portraits, one in graphite, and the other in pastel.

"Boo", graphite pencil, 10 x 8

Here below is the wonderful reference photo I used for Boo's graphite portrait. I zoomed in on his face for his portrait, as you can see.

photo by Rachel Walker

Next, I created a color portrait of Boo in Pan Pastel. The photo reference of Boo for this portrait was of significant importance to Boo's mom, so I was delighted to be able to give her two totally different portraits to remember her beloved Boo by. 

"Boo Sleeping", Pan Pastel, 10 x 8



No comments:

Post a Comment